Van Cleef and Arpels are renowned worldwide for their fine jewelry collections. It was founded in 1906 by Alfred Van Cleef and his brother-in laws. With master craftsmanship and exquisite details, it's no wonder celebrities and royalty choose this as their favorite luxury brand. Whether you buy or sell Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry, you can't help but admire the elegance of their pieces.
Did You Know?
With over 60 years having passed since its inception, there are many things you probably didn't know about the Alhambra collection.
- The name Alhambra is derived from the Alhambra palaces in Granada, Spain. Quatrefoil motifs resembling clovers adorn the architecture. Jacques was inspired by this beauty and chose this name for his collection.
- Jacques' personal mantra was, "To be lucky, you must believe in luck." This helped inspire the brand to create a collection with four-leaf clovers as the centerpiece. Clovers edged with golden pearls were representative of his faith in luck.
- Alhambra holds its value well. When you are ready to sell Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry, you should expect a good return.
- Catherine, Princess of Wales, is seen frequently wearing these iconic pieces. Celebrities such as Elizabeth Taylor and Grace Kelly were also fans of the Alhambra collection. Modern celebrities and models often wear these timeless pieces as well.
- The Alhambra collection was designed with the average woman in mind. Van Cleef and Arpels wanted an affordable luxury item that appealed to both the modern woman, as well as younger clientele.
- There are multiple sub-collections with distinct characteristics. There is Vintage Alhambra from the late 1960s, Magic Alhambra that features various sizes of clovers, and Lucky Alhambra featuring hearts, leaves, and butterflies.
- The Alhambra collection uses a variety of luxury materials. Precious and semi-precious stones including diamonds, turquoise and malachite are specially selected to meet high-quality standards. Mother of pearl is the most coveted of all these creations.
When you are ready to sell Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry, The Diamond Oak can take care of you. We have over 70 years of experience working with diamonds and fine jewelry. With just four easy steps to sell to us, you can rest assured your precious jewelry is in great hands. We offer the best prices and take care of shipping for you.